Kisses Darling!

Tuesday, June 4, 2013

MICHELLE PHIILLIPS BIRTHDAY IS TODAY


HAPPY 69TH BIRTHDAY MICHELLE! 
PHOTOGRAPH BY GREG GORMAN

I first met Michelle Phillips on a photo spread for Cosmopolitan magazine. The shoot took a couple of days to complete and when we were finished she asked me if I would like to go to see a B'way show with her. Can't remember what we saw, but I do remember hanging out in her suite at The Pierre Hotel, while she told me stories about the singing group she was in THE MAMAS AND THE PAPAS. They were one of my favorite groups, "California Dreaming", "Monday Monday" I really enjoyed that night.

We ended up connecting sometime later in Los Angeles and I worked with her a few more times. Met her daughter Chynna. And helped her change her look so she could get a part playing 1940's actress Gene Tierney. We ran into each other last year at a gallery opening in New York and said hello. She looked great and was as nice as ever. Happy Birthday Michelle!

2 comments:

Frank said...

thank you for sharing. I imagine that the Cosmo thing was in 1973?

Regards
Frank

Darling! aka David Frank Ray said...

Hi Frank

Thanks for your comment. Your a better man then I if you know the date of the Cosmo article. Unless you have seen it some where? If so please let me know.
I remember Michelle was Cleopatra in one of the photos but I'm not sure of the date. It must have been around that time though, 1973?

Blog Archive

ABOUT THIS BLOG

My photo
Manhattan, New York, United States
"Being a makeup artist is not only about applying makeup. It’s about everything around you, people, places, colors, all the things that inspire and affect your life."