Kisses Darling!

Friday, July 29, 2011

"Don't hate me because I'm beautiful" or uh retouched......



The Advertising Standards Authority has banned two L’Oreal ads for being so retouched they no longer reflected reality: one for Lancome with Julia Roberts and the other for Maybelline with model Christy Turlington.

My opinion:
It's cosmetic advertising........not real life.......if thats what you need to see just look around you......personally I love a little fantasy. Their selling a dream anyway. Don't we all know the difference.......well, maybe, it's difficult for me to be objective having spent over 20 years in the beauty industry. But I do agree that there are photographers and re-touchers that I prefer over others. It's a business and if untouched photos sell more product then thats what you will see. So don't buy Lancome and maybe that will change the look of their ads. But for the government to ban photographs because they think the ads are too retouched? Aren't there more pressing issues for them to be thinking about. Hmmmmmmm?

No comments:

Blog Archive

ABOUT THIS BLOG

My photo
Manhattan, New York, United States
"Being a makeup artist is not only about applying makeup. It’s about everything around you, people, places, colors, all the things that inspire and affect your life."