Kisses Darling!

Saturday, October 3, 2009

George Masters


Hair stylist George Masters was one of the first of the celebrity hair “masters”. He was Marilyn Monroe's hairdresser in the 1960s.

I remember seeing a whole magazine on his work while I was still living back in my hometown published by Hollywood gossip queen Hedda Hopper.

Also I graduated from a cosmetology school who's claim to fame was that George attended there. So you can imagine how thrilled I was one time when I ran into him at a nightclub in Hollywood.

I finally got my nerve up to go talk to him to tell him I went to the same beauty school. He looked at me in a rather inebriated state and just said “I never went there” needless to say I was crushed.

No comments:

Blog Archive

ABOUT THIS BLOG

My photo
Manhattan, New York, United States
"Being a makeup artist is not only about applying makeup. It’s about everything around you, people, places, colors, all the things that inspire and affect your life."