Kisses Darling!

Friday, July 10, 2009

Those were the days my friend...


Photographer: Mike Rheinhardt. Models: Patti Hansen and Janice Dickinson.
Hair and Make-Up: Rick Gillette

What made Rick Gillette so unique in those days was the fact that he could do makeup AND hair equally well, and that Vogue wanted him to. As a rule they preferred separate people, one for the makeup and one for the hair.

He was my inspiration to continue to do both myself, but I never achieved quite the degree of fame Rick did. I hope to have an interview with the master himself, someday, on FPLT.

No comments:

Blog Archive

ABOUT THIS BLOG

My photo
Manhattan, New York, United States
"Being a makeup artist is not only about applying makeup. It’s about everything around you, people, places, colors, all the things that inspire and affect your life."