Kisses Darling!

Sunday, April 19, 2009

Brooke Shields tells it like it is...


A 43 year old cover girl today.

Brooke Shields has her own Pretty Babies now.

Her first Vogue cover at 18, Brooke was 22 for this one in 1987.

A 13 year old cover girl for Seventeen magazine.

Brooke Shields is the current cover story on MORE magazine
photographed by Ruven Afanador.

Brooke talks about being an actress in her 40s:

"For years, I've been the youngest person on the set, and it occurred to me recently that I wasn't 26!" she says. "I'd read a script and say, 'Oh, that's a great character, that's something I'd love to do.' And they'd say, 'Um, no, we're thinking of you for the mother.' And then I'd say, 'Oh, of course! Of course! I knew that.'"

The child star of "Blue Lagoon" and "Pretty Baby," who started working as a baby model for Ivory soap, Shields tells More she feels like she's in that "middle place" in Hollywood at the moment.

"There aren't a lot of movies out there for my age," says Shields. "They're still stopping at the mid-30s. Then you're Diane Keaton or Glenn Close." (Keaton is 63 and Close is 62). Although she did play the Mother of Miley Cyrus recently in the Hanna Montana movie.

Shields says that this "fortysomething" limbo extends to advertising as well.

"I always find it funny that so much skin care advertising features, like, Jessica Alba....she's gorgeous, and like what 12! Okay? And all the models are that age! I don't care how much face creme I put on my skin, I'm not going to have Jessica Alba's face." Thank gawd, I say.


What makes this so very funny is that Brooke was on the cover of women's magazine's when she was close to 12 herself. So in a way she started that whole trend. Talk about life biting you in the arse...

No comments:

Blog Archive

ABOUT THIS BLOG

My photo
Manhattan, New York, United States
"Being a makeup artist is not only about applying makeup. It’s about everything around you, people, places, colors, all the things that inspire and affect your life."